Careers In Communication 2017
CMNSU presents Careers in Communication (CIC). Networking in the communication industry is crucial but, as undergrads, it can be hard to know how, when and where to start! At CIC, you will have the opportunity to meet and connect with people currently working in all different fields of the industry. This is an evening to discover new possibilities or further fall in love with what you want to do with your degree! This year’s CIC will take place on Thursday March 23, 2016 at the Vancouver Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel.
CIC will consist of two main components. First is a set of three round table rotations between 1 Industry Professional and a few CMNS peers. You will get more information on how to select your round table IPs closer to the date. After, there will be an open networking session where you can continue conversations with your 3 IPs, connect with other IPs you didn’t have a table with, or network with fellow CMNS peers and the CMNSU team. Hors d’ouvres and refreshments will be provided.
Late Bird Tickets are on sale now! Get yours while you can here.
Industry Professional Line-up:
- Pamela Saunders, PR & Social Media Manager, Microsoft Vancouver
- Hasnain Raza, Vice-President Digital Marketing, Market One Media
- Angie Schick, Program Director, New Ventures BC
- Monique Nelson, Director of Community Engagement, PosAbilities
- Justine Chubb, Communications Specialist, PosAbilities
- Matty B, Radio Host, Z95.3 Newcap Radio
- Sucheta Singh, Public Relations Coordinator, Jelly Marketing
- Janelle Saccucci, Director of Marketing and Communications, Blenz Coffee
- Avi Gill, Account Executive, Jive Communications
- Joe Marconato, Business Operations Project Manager, Unbounce
- Kendra Wingerton, Community Manager, RTOWN
- Ali Birston, Marketing Specialist, Destination British Columbia
- Carlin Leung, Product Strategist, Quietly
- Sandy Pell, Sr. Manager Corporate Communications, Vidyard
More info can be found on our Facebook Event page.
How To Select Your Round Table Industry Professionals:
Before the day of the event, each ticket holder will be emailed instructions on how to indicate their IP preferences for the round tables. Additionally in this email, you will receive complete information of the event as an attached Attendee Package.