Love sports? Great at design? The Vancouver Canucks are looking for a Brand & Creative Student Associate!
Position: Brand &Creative Student Associate
(This position is designed for current students or recent graduates of graphic design or a related field)
Department: Brand &Creative
Reports to: Creative Director
Term: January 2016 (4 months)
Be part of connecting the Vancouver Canucks brand to BC’s biggest and most passionate audience! As a Canucks Student Associate Designer, you are a creative problem-solver with a strong visual design portfolio and a passion for hitting audiences in the heart. This position offers students and recent graduates a tremendous opportunity to work in the professional sports industry, gaining valuable experience, contacts and knowledge of the industry. The successful candidate should be available regularly on weekdays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
(Other duties may be assigned as required)
- Work with Canucks Brand & Creative team to develop internal and fan-facing brand and creative elements including print, motion, and online design and production.
- Develop visual storytelling skills for advertising, promotion, and fan experiences.
- Participate in collaborative design solutions and demonstrate all-star communication skills from project brief to final sign-off
Requirements REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Enrollment in or recent graduation from a recognized post-secondary design program.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Portfolio showing strength in foundational visual design disciplines: composition, colour, layout, typography.
- One year post-secondary training in graphic and digital design
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and capacity in a high-paced production environment
ADDITIONAL SKILLS (Not required but considered an asset):
- Motion design
- Photography and Lighting
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and cover letter, along with a design portfolio in PDF format or via the website, no later than December 15, 2015. Please apply online by accessing our website at www.canucks.com/jobs