MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Spinal Cord Injury BC helps people with spinal cord injuries, other related disabilities, and their families to adjust, adapt and thrive in their communities.
SCI BC is looking for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator. This position is responsible for supporting the organization’s strategic direction in the areas of marketing, digital communications, and fund development. This position also supports the organization’s special events. The applicant will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of marketing and communications materials, and event-based activities. This is a temporary full-time position from May – August 2016, located in Vancouver, BC.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- General understanding of marketing, and communications principles and tools. Proficient in social media; knowledge of WordPress, InDesign and Photoshop a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior administrative and computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage a project from inception to completion.
- Ability to take direction and work as part of a team.
- Experience with fundraising, sales and/or business development an asset.
The successful applicant is a dedicated professional, committed to delivering high-quality work, and is comfortable working both independently and in partnership with others. They enjoy a fast-paced, energetic team environment, and respect the values and culture of a non-profit organization.
Applicants must be returning to school full-time, must be between 15-30 years of age, and must be a Canadian citizen. This position is dependent on funding.
Please forward your cover letter and resume (including the date you are available for work) no later than May 10, 2016—by email to email@example.com.