Travel & Conference Funding
We recognize the importance and value in attending professional conferences and competitions.
To ensure you have the flexibility to attend conferences, the CMNSU provides funding on behalf of the Simon Fraser Student Society (SFSS) to help subsidize conference and/or travel funding, granted that it provides valuable academic or professional experience.
We are able to grant you up to $100 in conference funding per academic year.
- You are a declared Communication student, either a major or minor
- You are taking at least one Communication course at the time of application
- Your application package must be submitted 4 weeks prior the first day of the conference
If eligible, once you attend the conference, you're required write a short, one-page article recapping your experience to be featured on our blog:
- Write approximately 500 words
- Include a title and photo from the conference
- Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2 weeks after attending
This acts an awesome opportunity to showcase your writing & published article in your portfolio!
Your application should include all of the following documents:
- Your unofficial transcript stating you are a declared Communication student
- A brochure and/or full description of the conference, including website link
- A completed Travel & Conference Funding Application form
To apply, send your application to email@example.com.